Monday, July 25, 2011

U.S Coast Guard Sometimes I Miss It

Sonoma County, California


 Not surprisingly as of late, I've been having nautical rumblings deep within my gullet. This does not mean I'm getting ready to launch Christa out the Golden Gate and take a left. But the other day while crossing the stunning Golden Gate Bridge, peering west, the pacific looked mighty inviting. Here is a cool video the U.S. Coast Guard put together. The only thing missing is the ridiculous number of meetings taking place 24X7. Pay attention to the last image in the video. The view centerline from the bridge of a Coast Guard Hamilton Class 378. I know this view well. Untold amount of hours standing watch on said bridge. I don't miss getting up for the 4 to 8 watch....at all.



Here is a blast from the past!

12/31/2001 Dutch Harbor Alaska
 Don't forget to surf on over to my Youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/clallaire

Capt Chris

No comments: