Friday, July 22, 2011

Awesome Sailing Video

Glen Ellen, CA


Since I stopped sailing I've had  minimal consistent desire to start long-term sailing again. I do have stabs of compulsion occasionally to head to the tropical latitudes. As I watched the Bumfuzzle gang sail south to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico I did get out a chart and stretch some distances. That is usually how a sailing trip gathers steam. It is what it is. This morning I watch the below video on my beautiful 21.5" iMac.
What can I say, the beauty of the ocean is some awesome. I also recalled that while I was sailing the economy was fracturing, the presidential election was going on, and a general societal hyperventilation. That type of thing was far outside my immediate world. That aspect, the checking out of certain aspects of modern day life, and replacing it with weighty decisions of how much anchor chain to deploy and when to head to the beach is missed sometimes. Here is the video!




Capt Chris

No comments: