Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Visit With The Girls of Great Valley at Captiva By Christian Allaire

I drove yesterday to Sanibel Island and the little beach town of Captiva, about 60 miles to the north of Naples for an awesome surprise visit with old old friends. I wrote a blog entry about the death of two dear friends father only a month and half ago. You can read that blog by clicking here. Well one of those friends, Dani called me just a couple of days ago to invite me to Captiva for a little reunion of sorts.

Marcy and Dani

It was dicey given this trip was hatched as a girls only gig, and only upon arrival to Florida did Dani realize I was just a scant few miles to the south. The five girls, Dani, Marcy, Jennifer D, Jen W and Maureen are all from my childhood back in Pennsylvania. They were two years behind me, class of 88 and Dani's sister Stacey was in my class of 86 as was Jennifer D brother Phil. In any event we all mixed and matched no matter the age difference and as I have come to realize the connections forged in childhood run strong and very deep. I had not seen Marcy and both Jennifer's since High School. This is one of the magical things about Facebook, people just keep surfacing. I love it!

Jen W, Dani G, Marcy G, Jennifer D, Maureen M

It was a great day. Had so much fun. I am appreciative that the rules were broken for the day. I entered the Queen Bee Hive and survived. Of course the Canon G11 was blazing away, including a sunset session at the beach.

Jen W

Dani G

Dani G and Me
The Sun goes to Sleep on May 1st 2010

Thanks Girls!!!!

Capt Chris

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Arrrrgghhhhh! Jealous!!! Wish I was there. Miss you all! Love. xoxo S