Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year and Welcome to 2011

Williamstown Mass
Mission? Visiting Friends
  
Snowshoeing in Williamstown Mass 31 Dec 10.  Shot with Canon G11

 For us lucky living, a new year is upon us. I'd have to say 2010 was a pretty kick ass year. Much has changed for me over the past year. Recall a year ago today, I had just arrived in Naples, Florida after my crossing from Grenada. You can get caught up on that situation by clicking here. Life continues to evolve as it is supposed to.



New Years Day is when many folks start thumping away at this years resolutions. That is how it should be. At the beginning of the year is when major rubber is applied to life's helm, steadying up on a new direction and then minor course corrections throughout the year to keep moving forward. But sometimes a new direction takes awhile to steady up on. The point is, it's a good time to reevaluate and make a commitment.
Breck on New Years Eve 2010. Shot with my Canon G11

 Last year is when I altered my life's direction substantially. I trucked Christa to California in June, and entered Dominican University of California in August. Now, I have minor course corrections to apply as I continue to study and transition into a new occupation at some point. All is well with me, and I've no regrets with my altering of the sailing life. I love living in the San Francisco Bay area and see myself settling out west for a good long time. I can't think of another area I'd rather live other than Austin Texas. So that is the skinny from Massachusetts on the 1st day of 2011.

Blast From the Past
Me, Jill and Lynn in Honolulu 1995
The world lost Lynn to cancer in 2006. We miss her.

CC

No comments: