Monday, December 20, 2010

East Coast Update

Shelton Connecticut

The Kid December 20th 2010
 
Since arriving at my sisters house I've been engaged mostly in the grand archiving project. I've stored the bulk of all my crap in my sisters basement ever since I moved aboard Christa, including all my old school photographs. I've been taking digital pictures of the old pictures and then loading them onto Facebook and my Picasa Web Albums. I now have thousands of pictures loaded into Picasa. Please surf on over and check them out by clicking http://picasaweb.google.com/home.

I've also learned that it is possible to now upload HD Video to Picassa, and it seems to me it plays clearer on Picasa. Maybe a sleight of eye. The rub is, embed code is not provided, so I can't embed a video from Picasa. It does allow me to centrally locate all my photo's and videos. Now that I'm creating a larger collection, the management of all the material becomes important. Not sure why I love catagorizing everything, but I do. Below is a screen shot of a video from Picasa.



 I've generally loaded all my pictures from Antarctica and my first tour in the U.S. Coast Guard aboard Polar Sea. Also many pictures from Lake Tahoe and some sailing along the California coast early after I bought Christa in 1998. So please check it out and leave some comments to!

Capt Chris

PS: Happy 70th Birthday to my Dad!

No comments: