Saturday, July 10, 2010

What Motivates?

Typing to you from sunny California

Just recently I wrote about a philosophical topic regarding my wrestling with curriculum choice for college starting in August. You can read that engaging post by clicking here. The topic of what motivates me now compared to what use to motivate has occupied much grey matter as of late. This fall I will be required to write a longish essay, 20 pages give or take on a topic of my choice, but must contain some aspects of moral/ethics or other philosophy nuggets. I've been spending my afternoons in the library thinking and sketchy many things, among those things is narrowing down an essay proposal to my academic adviser. During my research I stumbled upon this very cool video. It contains some interesting information about motivation, but more so the video presentation is what really captured me. As many know I've taken an interest in video and video editing. In fact I've had a fantasy of making a documentary as my senior project down the road. A little premature on that. But it's a thought.

The video gave me a little perspective on my thirst for monetary rewards taking a back seat to other interests. I can't say I endorse everything contained in the video, for the simple reason that I haven't researched or thought out the counter arguments. I just like the video and thought I'd post it.



Capt Chris

PS: If you liked this post or any other why please leave a comment and let me know. If you like the blog why please become a subscriber!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liked the video Chris, however the speaker was a bit rapid-fire, would need to hear a few more
times to digest. The animation was very cool
Mom

Anonymous said...

Very interesting video and offered a lot of info on motivation, i guess you'd have to hear another study to be sure that what they say hear is absolute. certainly a topic for a study group session, much like Socrates and or Ben Franklin.
Dad

Stacey said...

Love this! I am stealing it. Very interesting stuff. Miss you!! xo

Essay Writing Help said...

it's good to see this information in your post, i was looking the same but there was not any proper resource, thanx now i have the link which i was looking for my research.