Monday, April 26, 2010

Stormin in south Florida

Naples Florida

A day or two ago, severe weather hit the gulf coast states. Well the front that brought that weather penetrated farther than forecast. So this morning I awoke to some really nasty weather. Here is some graphics.

You can see the red boxes toward Palm Beach and FT Lauderdale, yup tornado's. All kinds of lightening and heavy winds buffeted Christa. But snug I was in the canal alongside the dock.


I still loath these storms. Christa and I, and of course most cruisers have had their share of run ins with squall lines. In my humble opinion, they pose serious risk and can be awfully frightening. You can read about such a squall by clicking here. Just an example of my past grappling with squalls.


I stuck my head out the hatch during a brief respite and snapped this photo with the Canon G11.

Capt Chris



No comments: