Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Naples Landscape

Moored at the Patton Residence, Naples Florida
Moving to California Next Month. Why? Click Here.

I'm able to find beauty just about anywhere. I'm blessed this way. Some long time residents of Naples are sickened a bit over the influx of vast fortunes and the squashing of an old school beach town feel. You can still experience a little bit of that beach town feel between Naples and Fort Myers Beach, along Bonita Beach Road. But I still find some of the homes just stunning. I found when sailing from place to place, the best way to get a feel for and discover nooks in new places is to take a run.  It has been the same with Naples.










I have been running past this small park that sits along this little lake surrounded by homes. I keep hearing about all the gators in Florida. I want to photograph one or many. So today, I drove the Green Hornet to this spot to see about flushing out one of these beasts. No joy. But what terrific day and so beautiful. Low humidity, 80's and blue skies. I broke the camera out anyway and even took a self portrait.

Happy Birthday to my Big Brother Ron.

So happy my work schedule had backed down to a respectable level. Three days off this week! And in a month or so, time to move on. Why and where? Well Click here.


Capt Chris

PS: Word around the camp fire is that some folks using Microsofts Internet Explorer are experiencing weirdness when logging on to the blog. Apparently multiple windows start opening by themselves. No clue what this is about. No issues with any other browsers. I dumped Internet Explorer many moons ago because of its constant problems.  Any problems though, I would like to know about. So don't be shy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris, I like the refreshed website, looks very professional as I know you've been striving for.

Dad

Lynn Langdon said...

I like the new site too. I actually
had to give up reading your blog
because every time I clicked onto
it my computer would freeze up. It
only happened on your site.

Unknown said...

Thanks Lynn for the info. Hopefully things have been fixed as you were able leave a comment! I would love to know what browser you were using when things locked up? And thanks for checking in!

Chris

Lynn Langdon said...

Hey CC,
I'm using Internet Explorer.
Everything seems to be working now
except when I come here there is
a lot of downloading going on and it takes a while. I'm not complaining and am just glad to be
able to check in again. Thanks

Cap'n Rhys. said...

I'm a long-time reader/supporter and have immensely enjoyed the voyage so far. However... ... I'm starting to have issues loading your blog also. I'm using Vista with the latest version of explorer 8. It seems like the more you tinker with the site, the slower it gets. It's a lovely site but its appeal becomes a mute point when one is introduced to it by frustration. A previous commentator mentioned issues with freezing up. I suspected that my computer was also freezing but learned to be patient and give it about 5 minutes and it would eventually get me there. It seems to be loading hundreds of routines to what end, I'm not sure. I just want to read what you were up to yesterday. I'm not sure that all the little extras you're trying to squeeze into the site are worth the wait. I follow about 20 blogs and yours has become, by far, the slowest. Hopefully, you won't take this as criticism because I sincerely enjoy your writing and I hope you keep it coming. I just thought you might appreciate the feed-back.