Monday, April 5, 2010

iPad, My New Gizmo

Moored Naples Florida


I'm unable to pinpoint the moment when I fully acknowledged my weakness for gadgets. It's even worse when it comes to Apple products. What can I say. So I wasn't all that surprised to find myself in the line at the local Apple store this Saturday morning past, debating the merits of "having to have one." I was in good company with fellow rationalists; were all on board with how critical it was to have an iPad stat. The techno jabber during my nearly three hours in line was even much for me. A small ripple happened in line when I whipped out my Blackberry to field an incoming email. I found myself on the attack as I defended my Blackberry use over an iPhone. I considered myself independent minded fellow I told them. That quickly evaporated when the first customer emerged moments after the iPad went on sale at 9am sharp. Clutching the thing as if he just completed a game ending end zone catch. I strained with the rest to see. "What's going on dammit?" Security ushered him along preventing a real time review. Morale dropped even lower when we all realized that all the folks with reservations were going in first. Reservations? What?Now there's a concept. Suddenly the accountant behind me became a crowd control expert and considered the Apple Store's policy "BS." I countered that this wasn't a 1031 exchange and he seemed pleased with my real estate acumen. I then culled some good info as it pertains to my real estate investment in California.


I finally made it into the store just in the nick of time. My scheduled work at the restaurant was bearing down hard. I got in and got out. Never did have a chance that day to open the darn box. But have since.


What a gadget! Not disappointed in the least. Is it a necessity? Not yet. But it is a wonderful edition to my life. The iBook reading function and the fact I have access to all my Kindle material is very cool.

Onward. I have been a busy boy. Easter week is the high season here in south Florida. Spring break and all that. Tons of teenagers prancing around in this beach town. I have done nothing but work this week and am tired. But from here on out, my schedule easy significantly. So I can maybe focus of my many hobbies and of course I'm rolling out of Naples in about a month. It's all happening!


Capt Chris

No comments: