Saturday, April 17, 2010

Movement to FT Myers Florida

Moored Portside Naples Florida

I've settled on sailing to FT Myers the week of April 26th, weather dependent of course, to ready Christa for trucking across out great country. Soon after or maybe immediately I will haul out at Gulf Marine Boat Yard and start stripping Christa down for trucking. Can't hardly believe the time has come. My work is down to 3 days a week and next week will be my last. I've banked some money to help with the trucking expense, which now seems to be over $10,000.00 including the hauling and re-launching. Depends on how much dithering I do while driving west. Here are some google earth graphics.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey C~ might want to consider posting to C.L. or something, there are a lot of people who want a ride share or you to take things point to point (such as a pet, skis, golf clubs, etc.) which might help off-set the cost... I know people who have done this...
hugs!
Kimmy

Soncoast Youth said...

I thought I sent this to your blog account last week, but apparently did something wrong as it came to my own email account today. At any rate, let me know what you think.

Hey! I've been following your site for awhile now. I love the Westsail 32 and follow lots of sites of Westsail 32 owners. I enjoy yours. I actually live in Boca Raton, FL and was working a case in Ft. Myers last week (I'm a private investigator). I thought about you at the time as I was on the west coast and remembered that you were in Naples. At any rate, I don't know if you would like any company on your sail up to Ft. Myers, but if you do, I'm offering my services. I own a 20 foot sailboat and actually have a small sailing ministry to teenagers (www.wildatheartadventure.com). I occasionally take kids sailing in the Keys and the Bahamas (we use a 39 foot Camper Nicholson for that trip). I would really like to own a Westsail 32 one day and have only seen one in person (it was for sale in Ft. Lauderdale). However, I have never sailed on one and would love the opportunity to sail with you. So if you are interested, I am volunteering my help. You can contact me at the following email address.....john@summerspi.com or call me on my cell phone 352 266-6653. Let me know. Thanks and have a great day........John H. Summers