Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sitting On the Dock of the Bay.....Or Canal

Moored Naples Florida. Doing?
Working@ Ridgeway Bar & Grill
Moving to California in May. Why? Click Here



 Watching the tide roll away. No, not really. More like watching the Mexican lawn crews assault yards with leaf blowers and hedge trimmers.  On my first morning here in Naples, I was so excited to plop myself in the dock chair, coffee in hand and enjoy the magnificent surroundings. But the noise was deafening. Not all mornings constitute lawn care hell, but most of the time some one is running a machine.

 But I have discovered in the afternoon the suburban quiet I envisioned. Today, I basked in the 80 degree temperature in the afternoon after a strenuous yoga class, strumming my newly acquired Taylor six string.  No smell of shrimp beginning boil though, but I may be beginning to bald like brother Jimmy.

It was a real pleasure. In fact Naples is a real pleasure. I am very content. I really should have been doing boat projects, which I have been slacking on. I have a new main halyard that needs to be spliced and a jug of diesel that needs to be filtered and poured into the fuel tanks. I am horribly behind on other projects and my correspondence.



 But I could just not resist an hour or so of strumming in the sun. In fact I was so happy post-strumming that I went to Bikesdirect.com and ordered a new Road Bike. Next thing you know I'll be taking pictures of my veiney legs, Lance style. Share the road would ya?


Capt Chris

PS: Please don't forget to check out my pictures in My Picasa photo album and to keep up with the latest word, you can sign up using my RSS feed. I use Google Reader and love that I can aggregate in one spot all the websites I check out on a regular basis. A real time saver. Blam!

2 comments:

Jay Bietz said...

Chris:
You are invited to the Nor Cal Westsail Rendezvous in San Leandor Harbor in October 2010 ..
See http://www.westsail.org/_rendv/_canorth/index.html



Jay

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris
Rec'd your card today, it was great> Will call you this weekend. Dad and I just finished 18 holes on this glorious day. Love you.
Mom