Sunday, January 17, 2010

Been A Busy Weekend

Moored Naples Florida
Sunny, 70's, Beautiful Weather



Janina and I had a fantastic time, despite the fact I had to work the nights she stayed. We were undeterred. Janina hooked up with my Friends Mike&Amy while I was working and headed out to Harry's on 3rd. Any open air bar and restaurant with a DJ and proceeded to get down for a boogie. I got off work around 10pm and very uncharacteristic of me, I shifted canvas and met up with the party crowd. Then I got down for a boogie with the good people of Naples. I hadn't danced in a long time, something I love to do. Of course going to bed after 1 am, set me back the next day.

But we decided to head on down to Marco Island, only about 15 miles to the south of Naples. It seemed to be a pretty cool place and different in the sense that it has high rises lining the beach, where Naples has $50 million dollar mansions strung out along the shore line. We didn't spend much time exploring because I kind of petered out. We headed back to Naples so I could nap before work. Mission accomplished.

Yesterday, we lite out mid morning for some vittles at a breakfast joint not far from Christa and stumbled upon the Saturday morning street market. They close off 3rd, and the organic growing crowd comes in with their wares and set up tents and booths. Should be a perfect place for me to get fresh grub for less than the Supermarket.







Capt Chris

No comments: