Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Alive and Doin Fine!

 


On Assignment in Williamstown Ma

Fear not, Capt Chris (me) is landlocked well inland, but really enjoying myself. For such a simple life, for a guy who has no job, I seem to have a day crammed full. Each night I am plume tired and sleep soundly.

This weekend past, mys sister and I attended a show, James Taylor, Sheryl Crow and Yo Yo Ma at Tanglewood in the Berkshire. It was great, but cold to my taste. Most days are spent exercising, hiking, eating, reading and running. Really can't beat that.

However, that old faithful yearning for life afloat has now entered my brain. It is my fate. So my timeline is still to return to Grenada on October 26th and prepare Christa to splash.

I plan on setting sail in early November, bound for Naples Florida. I know many blog readers have lost interest due to current shorebound ways. After all, most readers are shorebound themselves and who wants to read about another shorebound chump. But this chump will put to sea in the not far distant future. So please stay tuned!

Capt Chris
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Chuck said...

I am still with ya brother. Although retired from military life, I was too broke...read Chicken...to cut all ties and go sailing. Hopefully this gig I have going will pay for me to get a boat next year. See ya on the water sometime.

Chip said...

Hey Chris,

Fear not Cap'n, still checkin in faithfully. I'm in Orlando, so when you get to Naples if you have plans to come visit the Disney bunch, feel free to let me know. I'd be honored to buy you a couple dozen beers. All I ask in return is the opportunity to listen to the stories.

Planning an Apr 2010 splash, but with your plans, you'll be in the wrong ocean by then. Hope we get the chance to meet one day.

Chip