Friday, June 5, 2009

The Cut. My Head


Ever since I left the Coast Guard my hair has been an issue. I don't know why, but it seems I was constantly concerned with what was happening with it. Follicle loss, to long, no long enough, brush or comb, turning blond and on and on. As if I may have an appearance on the red carpet. Over it. Plus water is precious on a boat and the more hair the more water use. So today as if I had a drug problem I checked into the gangster Barber Shop, replete with P-Diddy and Snoop Dog videos blasting and a shrine to the Notorious BIG. I queried Marc AKA Barber M/2 if he'd be able to handle my situation. He was nonchalant about it so I plopped into the chair. Well, it was hot and my hair was still damp and this served to gum up his clippers. Clearly I don't fit M/2 normal clientele and he found he'd need to adapt a bit. He struggled but persevered and after awhile M/2 had whittled away enough of my hair where the clippers could get some traction. Game on! Barber M/2 did a great job, kept it tight and even trimmed up the goatee a bit. Price 8 US dollars. I'm very happy to have shed the baggage, although when I scowled in the mirror I looked like Edward Norton from American History X. Not the image I'd like to exude, so I guess I won't scowl.

Capt Chris


Don't forget you can double click the image to exand

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no, your looking more like me then ever. I liked you better with the locks, at least yours will grow back when & if you want, I'm jealous. Looks good.
Dad

Anonymous said...

your should be you're typographical
error, can't have these mistakes go unnoticed for the world to see.
Dad

Anonymous said...

Now that you are blogging about the trials and tribulations of how to style your hair (slow news day in the islands?) you have officially become islandized 'mon'! With nothing else to blog about you must be lying around all day with nothing to do. Not a bad thing. Sounds like you might be able to script an island TV Show about nothing ala Seinfeld. Just kidding Chris.
On a serious note, can you tell us if there is a memorial to the US Army Rangers that jumped into a hot Drop Zone back in 1983(?) to fight the Cubans and rescue the American Med Sudents? I've an old friend who was a medic with the Rangers and was awarded the Silver Star (by President Reagan in the White House Rose Garden) for his bravery in the initial DZ battle.
Mike
former skipper of 2LazyDogs

Unknown said...

Thanks Mike! You and now share nearly the same hair do. I will see what I can dig up regarding any recognition of the history. Most folks hear don't remember with the exception of a few old hands. Thanks for checking in Mike. I should be in Florida next month, maybe we could get some chow.

Chris

tertia3 said...

Now that is the Christian I know, love the facial hair too!

Anonymous said...

Hey I'd love to congratulate you for such a great made site!
I was sure this would be a perfect way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Hilary Driscoll
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/princess-party-supplies.html]princess Party Supplies[/url].