Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Back Home in San Francisco

Mill Valley, California
Mission? Regrouping after a month on the move


I flew out of White Planes, New York yesterday afternoon, but just barely. With the blizzard roaring up the eastern seaboard, and the snow event occurring in Chicago, all served to create chaos in the nations flight system. I'm fortunate to have made it out of New York before the airports closed. I surely would have been stranded on the east coast for another few days. Here are some pictures of what I missed. Photo credit to my sister, and editing credit goes to the kid using my new snazzy Aperture 3 program. Saga to follow on that software update.

Sisters backporch


I'm thrilled to be back home in California. I landed at San Francisco International and took the Marin Airporter back to San Rafael. I spend the majority of my time behind the wheel while traveling. Last night I gained an even greater appreciation of my lot in life as I stared out the windows of the bus. The city skyline is a gem, and driving across the Golden Gate Bridge never ceases to amaze me. I was beeming even after 12 hours of airports and travel. Christa was as I left her, and the Green Hornet fired right up.


Today I made my noon yoga class at Red Dragon Yoga, and noticed a clear reduction in ability after slacking for a month. But this was offset by smiles and greetings from familiar folks who were happy at my return. 


Back in the saddle with the comfort of my standard routine.


Blast From the Past
Glacier National Park
This shot was taken in June of 2004. I took about 30 days of leave, and lit out for Montana from San Francisco. I once had a spur to buy a track of land in Montana, and almost did. I found 40 acres in Thompson's Falls, just over the ridge from the Bitter Roots. I really wanted the land, the price was right, and I had the scratch. I just got so freaked out about how big and far away Montana was from everything I knew. The trip was not a wash, but another grand adventure. Camping in a June blizzard, backpacking through Glacier National Park, watching a 300 pound man eat a 1/4 burger while smoking a cigarette, and continuously pouring money into and pulling the handle on a slot machine. I was in a hotel in Big Fork, Montana when I learned of Ronald Reagan's crossing the bar. The above picture was taken while backpacking with my trusty Fuji Finepix 3200.


CC

No comments: