Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Goodbye Grenada, Hello Caribbean Sea

Anchored outside St. Georges Harbor, Grenada


Had a very successful 15nm sail this morning west along the south coast, and then up the west coast of the island. All systems are G. The weather looks good for my 4 to 5 day run to St Thomas. The wind is forecast to be light at only 10 to 14 knots at the most. So Christa and I could be setting the drifter and wallowing on an oily sea. A potential hurricane is forming in the SW Caribbean, but steering currents forecast does not hint at a easterly move. Plenty of breathing room with that system.

Today has been a busy one with the early morning move, checking out with Customs, provisioning and now taking care of last minute computer work. I predict a very deep sleep tonight followed by a few days of great sailing. Wish me luck!

Capt Chris

4 comments:

Conall said...

I'm enjoying the heck out of your blog. Keep the post coming.

Conall
conallsboatbuild.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Capt Chris, it was great to see you a couple of weeks ago here in The Villages. Now you are beginning your adventure again and we all wish you a safe and enjoyable passage.
Stay alert and stay safe my friend.
Mike D

Lynn L. said...

I was wondering if the hurricane
kicked up any swell on your crossing?

Unknown said...

Thanks Mike D!

Lynn, the hurricane was far to my west thankfully! Thanks for checking in!