Sunday, October 25, 2009

My General Track To Florida

On Assignment in Central Florida
1 day until Grenada
8 days until Christa's scheduled re-launch

 Plans are always set in jello. My first leg is from Grenada to St Thomas, just shy of 500 nautical miles. For planning purposes I use a speed of five knots of advance, so about 120nm every 24 hours. Should be a wonderful passage and I hope to bug out from Grenada soon after launch.

 I likely will pre-stage from St Thomas to Culebra, just 25 nm west of STT. Then another 3 to 5 day passage to either the Turks & Caicos or the southern Bahamas. Once in the Bahamas, I'll hop from island to island to Miami and then down the Keys. From the Keys it's a 90nm sail to Naples, where I'll base out of for the winter.


View Grenada to Florida in a larger map


Capt Chris

2 comments:

Chip said...

Hey there Chris,

Gonna pass on the DR on your way back up? A run to Luperon might be a nice way to break up that hop from VI to Turks. Just a thought. True dat on the "jello" philosophy. lol. Fair winds, Capt. I'll be watchin'.

Chip

Capt Chris said...

Ahoy Chip,
I plan on bypassing the DR, but don't rule it out. The Customs and Immigration deal is still a train wreck and totally corrupt. Noonsites has a blurb about it on the front page. I didn't have a good experience with the DR officials on my last stop. Plus I'm looking forward to the longer open ocean sailing vice the "weather window shuffle."

Chris