Monday, September 14, 2009

5th Generation iPod



Currently on Assignment in Williamstown MA

I am a diciple of Apple products. Each time I make an informal comparision to another like product, the other like product invariably comes up short. Most of the time far short. The only exception to this being I chose a Blackberry over the iPhone, but part of this was due to my revulvsion for AT&T. AT&T cannot support the capabilities of the iPhone. But that is another story. Example #2 is my recent 30 trial of Apple iWorks09 which is Apple's run at Microsoft Office. I have to say, again it is superior. Since I'm entering school in a year, I've been making an effort to brush up on my technology skills, which will be critical to my success as a student. I also purchased Snow Lepard the latest MAC OS X operating system. Innovative and lightening fast. Each time I try another Apple product I'm pretty much dazzled.

So when Apple unveiled the latest iPod Nano, I convulsed and bought. From the sailing point of view, the gizmo now can shoot video which will be very convienent to point and shoot with a moments notice. But another, perhaps most important thing for me is it now has an FM radio. Why would I be excited? Well since I also love my Sirius Sat Radio, which has an FM transmitter, I can now tune up the iPod to 88.1 FM and listen to Sirius via the iPod. On Christa I have an iPod docking station made by Bose, so now I don't have to have speaker wire connected to the docking station. I can now lay down up on the bow with iPod headphones on and listen to Sirius Radio. Jazzed? You bet!


Capt Chris


PS: Don't forget to leave comments! Love those comments!

No comments: