Sunday, July 19, 2009

Tethering.....Another Drifter's Tool


Currently on Assignment in Los Estados Enidos

I took possession of my new Blackberry Curve (BBC) 8330 once on terra firma in the states. I like gadgets and especially the BBC. I suspect other smartphones are nearly as amazing. I am learning new applications daily but have come across a really exciting application, at least for me. I stuck with Sprint as my provider specifically because they offer tethering, which is the ability to use the phone as a modem. I was flumexed to find that tethering is offered, but only for Windows XP/Vista users. Bummer man. In a spasm of activity, I spent an afternoon on the internet, skulking throughout Blackberry Geekville to find a work around. I found it! Not only does it work, I've been able to configure the laptop and BBC to speak with one another via Bluetooth. So, not only do I have internet connection where ever I have cell service, but I can avoid using a USB cable. Beautiful.

I like to roam, I also like my information. I can do both easily. The pic is my mobile command post set up at the breakfast table.

Capt Chris

No comments: