Wednesday, April 22, 2009

From the Breakfast Table

On a mooring Admiralty Bay Bequia
St Vincent and the Grenadines
13 00.6'N 061 14 4'

I took this picture (double click to enlarge) just moments ago while eating breakfast and slurping some coffee. It is easy to become lazy in a laid back place like Bequia. I haven't been doing anything substantial and I'm still on a mooring, which I haggled down to $70 a week. I paid $30 for a week's worth of Internet which struggles to beam out to the good anchorage near Tony Gibbons Beach. So I could save on the mooring fee by anchoring but then I lose the use of the wifi signal I already paid for. These are the rigors.

I have also identified my running circuit which kind of fell by the wayside during my stay in St Lucia. So I am very pleased to be back on the road running again. Of course the circuit is either up hill or down hill with few flat spots. These are the rigors.

I was also pleased to see some old faces, Jan and Paul from IRESE, and Endeavor 40. I sailed with Jan and Paul Through the Turks & Caicos and were one of the many boats that spent time in Luperon Dom Rep while I waited for weather many moons ago. Now Team Irese spent the hurricane season here in Bequia. But just recently they took a job with a charter boat company. They run a big ole 51 foot catamaran and take guests to the Tobago Cays National Park for a week or so. As Paul said "it's bloody lot of work." So Paul and Jan have the next week or two off so I hope to spend some time with them on that big Ole 51 foot cat.

So other than lazin around all day I have been doing alot of advance planning, which is in my nature about my future plans and intentions. I will write up a separate blog about what my and Christa's future holds. I have made a decision.

Capt Chris
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the picture of your boat.
Dad

Chip said...

Hi Chris,

You said you made a decision. Dying to hear what it is. Anxiously awaiting the next posting.

Chip

Anonymous said...

Skipper, with all of the 'pirate' news lately will the threat of that influence your decision about where to sail?
Mike