Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sold!


I drove up to San Juan a couple of days ago to show someone the Mirage which I officially put up for sale September 1st. Sold baby! I did not gain any money nor did I lose any money with the car. Perfect.

Other than the lingering hurricane season I now have nothing holding me back from rolling toward the Virgin Islands. The tropical conditions are calm. In fact last night was the first time in more than a month that the National Hurricane Center website did not have a single storm or area of disturbed weather. So the experts say that we have entered a calming trend for 7-10 days. I certainly don't think it's time to relax, but toward this time of year cyclone formation historically starts to shift to the western Caribbean and Gulf of Mexico instead of Africa. However that is just an average and really they have a mind of their own. Christa and company will not let our guard down!

Next week I am planning on house sitting at some friends place on the west coast. I am really excited about it. Bill and Kelly have a home that overlooks the Caribbean Sea, sits adjacent to the Coast Guard Airstation and plenty of secluded beautiful beaches. If I'm lucky maybe we can get a bit of a north swell so I can do some surfing. Either which way I'll surely do some paddling. Just paddling out is a total commitment. It is also easy access to the gym at the Air Sta with the coveted air conditioning.

So the plan is to free load at a beach place, enjoy long baths, walk the two dogs on the beach at first light, take many a siesta, watch TV and workout in the afternoon. Sounds pretty good to me.

No comments: