Monday, September 29, 2008

An Abandoned Puppy


As many of you know I spend at bunch of time at the Cruisers Galley due to the food, wi-fi, AC and big screened TV. The owner Diasha, among other things spends alot of money rescuing animals. One of the greatly disturbing things to me about Puerto Rico is the insane amount of stray cats and dogs running rampant. I'm not saying that animals should be elevated to human status but the contempt that many treat animals here does not thrill me. A culture clash no doubt. So the little guy pictured was left in a card board box on Diasha's door step last night. A real heartbreaker.

So I am back from my house sitting adventure a couple of days early. I started to have a crisis of confidence that my pre-arranged ride from San Juan back to Salinas was going to fall through. This would have been a real problem that only could be solved by an expenditure of alot of money. So when a fellow cruiser who had a car ( a CWC...cruiser with a car) came up to San Juan with team Wandering Dolphin to pick me up. We had a nice dinner in Caguas and arrived back to HQ here in Salinas as the evening stars appeared.

So thankfully the disturbance that was to my east was destroyed by high upper level winds and things seem okay weather wise. So back to the grid of retirement.

Capt Chris

No comments: